Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is a widely used raw material for animal feed. Through a balanced diet,Feed additive baking sodaSodium bicarbonate improves the performance and health of livestock. Ruminants are known for their ability to buffer by stabilizing the pH of the rumen. In monogastric animals, sodium bicarbonate effectively balances the diet by optimizing the electrolysis balance.
The rumen is a large fermentation vessel containing a large number of microorganisms. The feed entering the rumen is converted into volatile fatty acids and used as an energy source for animals. These fatty acids have a negative effect on the rumen pH. The baking soda in the saliva buffers the rumen, which can keep the rumen pH normal to a certain extent. In order to meet energy requirements, high-yielding animals usually consume a large amount of feed with high starch and sugar content. Usually this has a negative effect on rumen pH, and rumen acidosis is a big risk. Rumen acidosis can cause decreased appetite, decreased quality of life, decreased feed efficiency, and decreased production. Long-term rumen acidosis can cause a decline in body condition, decreased exercise capacity or limp.
In addition, there are several other factors that affect rumen pH, such as heat stress, large changes in feed formula, stress or lack of good fiber sources, which will greatly increase the risk of rumen acidosis.
Adding sodium bicarbonate to ruminant feed can reduce the risk of rumen acidosis. By providing a source of bicarbonate, the buffering capacity of the rumen is enhanced, thereby stabilizing the pH of the rumen.
Sodium bicarbonate is widely used in poultry and pig feed as a source of sodium to avoid excessive chlorine. Sodium bicarbonate contributes to good feed intake and production by improving the electrolysis balance (considering sodium, potassium, chlorine and possible sulfur). In addition, under heat stress conditions, sodium bicarbonate helps maintain feed intake and production. In laying hens, it maintains the best eggshell performance and eggshell quality. Optimizing the electrolysis balance of broilers can reduce water intake and improve litter quality.
For pigs, optimizing the electrolysis balance can increase feed intake without affecting feed efficiency. Studies have shown that there is an optimal value for the electrolysis balance, which depends on the production stage. Lower or higher than this optimal value will result in lower feed intake, which may affect performance.
Sodium bicarbonate is a useful and safe tool to balance electrolysis to balance pig and poultry feed. In this way, the feed and performance have been optimized, and the feed additive baking soda plays an important role in it.
- Li Dajian visited Yuhua Baking Soda Factory for investigation
- 19 Hengyang First International Marathon Food Grade Baking Soda Manufacturers General Title
- The chairman of the baking soda manufacturer attended the Hengyang private enterprise symposium
- City leaders and a group of people went to the site of the snowflake baking soda factory
- Professional Skills Training for Employees of Industrial Baking Soda Factory
- Baking soda manufacturer Yuhua Group held "Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China" event
- Deputy inspector Wu Yilong visited a food-grade baking soda factory
- Snowflake baking soda manufacturers help Hengma
- Yuhua baking soda cheers for Hengma
- Municipal Party Standing Committee and other leaders visited the food-grade baking soda manufacturer Yuhua Group to supervise the resumption of production