Industrial-grade baking soda can be used in leather tanning, beneficiation, smelting, metal heat treatment, as well as in the fiber and rubber industries.
1. At the same time, it can be used as a detergent for wool, and for soaking seeds in agriculture.
2. Used in the production of acid-base fire extinguishers and foam fire extinguishers in fire fighting equipment.
3. The rubber industry uses it in combination with alum and H pore-forming agent to produce uniform pores for rubber and sponge production.
4. Used in the machinery industry as a forming aid for cast steel (sand foundry) sand molds.
5. In the printing and dyeing industry, it is used as a fixing agent for dyeing and printing, an acid-base buffer, and a finishing agent for fabric dyeing and finishing. Adding baking soda to the dyeing can prevent the yarn tube from producing colored flowers.
Industrial baking soda is widely used. Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda, NaHCO3) can be used as an adsorbent for flue gas desulfurization. It chemically adsorbs acidic pollutants in the flue gas. At the same time, it can also physically adsorb some inorganic and organic substances. This process sprays fine sodium bicarbonate powder directly into the high-temperature flue gas. At high temperatures, sodium bicarbonate decomposes to produce sodium carbonate Na2CO3, H2O and CO2. The newly produced sodium carbonate Na2CO3 has corresponding reactivity when it is generated and can react with acidic pollutants in the flue gas. Generally, the flue gas temperature is between 140 and 250 °C. Due to the activity of the sodium bicarbonate adsorbent, usually a slight excess of sodium bicarbonate (with a stoichiometric factor between 1.1 and 1.3) is sufficient. In principle, sodium carbonate (soda, Na2CO3) can also be used for flue gas desulfurization. The reactivity of sodium carbonate is slightly lower, but the process flow is almost unchanged.
Baking soda desulfurization effect
Sodium bicarbonate generally has a good desulfurization effect in different forms. The national standard GB1886.2-2015, especially the slurry and activated carbon adsorption of saturated solutions are better. From the perspective of kinetics, the flow rate and temperature of the airflow have a certain effect on the desulfurization process of sodium bicarbonate. Industrial-grade baking soda has better effects when the airflow velocity is not high and the temperature is lower than 150℃.
Related Industry Knowledge
- There are many benefits of using baking soda in livestock feed
- Dosage of feed grade baking soda
- Advantages of Snowflake Baking Soda
- What are the functions of food-grade baking soda in daily life
- Basic knowledge of baking soda
- Take you to learn more about Snow Brand Baking Soda
- Baking powder and baking soda chemistry knowledge
- Application of feed additive sodium bicarbonate in pig farm
- Food grade baking soda water solution